A young inspirational estate with exceptional views.
Young inspirational wines with exceptional views. One of the youngest South African wine estates, this 22 ha boutique estate was established in 2003, from the ashes of a devastating fire, with 11,5 ha of steep slopes under vines at an altitude of 350m.
A little history of Beau Constantia
In the year 2000 a devastating fire swept through the forests and indigenous fynbos flora of Constantia neck. The area was cleared and terraced and the potential for vines was realised. In 2002 the property was purchased by Pierre and Cecily Du Preez. By 2003 the first vines were planted under the farm manager Japie Bronn.
On such a small area an incredible list of varietals are cultivated, which include: Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon,Malbec, Merlot, Petit Verdot, Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, Shiraz, Viognier. This variety allows for several great red blends, white blends and superb viognier and shiraz.
Beau Constantia at a glance
Wines of note
- Stella – Shiraz/Syrah
- Cecily – Viognier
- Aidan – Red blend / Shiraz led
- Lucca – Bordeaux style blend
- Pierre – white blend, wooded
Megan van der Merwe
Megan van der Merwe
Reasons to visit
- Fantastic views down the Constantia valley and beyond to the ocean and False bay
- Exceptional red and white blends
- A young vineyard, with modern wine making
- Chefs warehouse, one of the top South African restaurants
Best time to visit
All year destination. Early morning and late afternoon, is the best photographic time.
What to do at Beau Constantia
Highlights on the estate
- Fantastic views – even a loo with a view
- Exceptional restaurant of Chefs Warehouse
- Finely crafted wine
Things to do or see
- Wine tasting
- Chefs Warehouse restaurant
- Manor house museum
The estate has limited child attractions
- Wander through the vines
- Gorgeous views over the valley and vineyards
Take time to walk through the vineyards, photograph and relax
No annual public events
A fun experience tapas menu for informal, Asian – South African – influenced dining, complimented with great views!
Opening times: 09.00 TO 17.00, Tuesday to Sunday
More vineyards on the Constantia Wine Route
Constantia Wine Route and Cape Point Vineyards